Me

Me
I do love an LBD!

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Ankle-length cardigans and duster jackets!!

So lately I've been browsing on Asos, as every humanoid female probably does from time to time if not a little more, and I've been noticing a new wave of long-sleeved trip-hazards washing in on the fashion tide. Yep, the extra extra long cardigan. If you haven't noticed it already, you'll most likely recognise it by hearing you brain cry "yes, it can be used as a dressing gown" or "man, that could get messy on a rainy day." As much as the svelte and towering models can look cool, I'm a little uncertain about myself and / or the likes of. Firstly I'm going to feel like I want to add slippers to the equation, secondly I'm thinking about the extra deep puddles after a storm are going to react to such lengthy pieces. But who knows, maybe as the months grow colder I'll start to warm to this season's new trend.

  Another badboy is the "duster jacket". A little confused on reading aloud it's title, I had to make a conscious effort to block out images of a middle-aged aunt standing on a chair dusting her very high mantle piece in this overlay. Unsure of its name origin or story behind the idea (maybe I'll google it with cup of tea later) I have to make do with the notion that this is another casual throw-on out-the-door warmer which basically lets the world know that your a very busy girl who has very little time to find a proper jacket, so instead you had to grab the first very cool, old thing you see for the running or errands. Yes. I like that, a running of erands jacket! I must say I am a fan of this one, simply because there are days where you want to be smarter than a chunky knit but less serious than a blazer. The duster jacket is my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment