Me

Me
I do love an LBD!

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Losing the weight...again!

Two years ago around this time of I remember something happened to me. Something quite briliant. In fact, a few briiant things. Motivation, Determination. Willpower. Things I hadn't quite allowed myself such a firm grasp of for at least three years prior to that. The result? I lost two stone in weight, and yes - I actually did need to. I remember standing on the scales and seeing that brand new digit gleaming up at me, it was a euphoric kind of happiness, the kind you perhaps feel when you have won a substantial amount of money on the lottery. Not that I would know of course, but can only guess.

  Since then, it's been just another gradual slippery slope down into a world of yo-yo calorie awareness, and now I feel I am ready to shift what damage was done. I long to see that number again by christmas. This year, I actually want to deserve a mince pie.

So I'm thinking tthat this blog is going to be a great soure of support for myself, and I am going to be as honest as appropriately possible on here with regards to how unlazy I will be every day, and how not-unhealthy I've been. I was talking to a friend who is in a similar situation and believes she has now re-discovered her motivation as I did two years ago. We both agreed that losing weight should be about looking at foods and thinking about where we're getting our vitamins from aswell as doing regular exercise. So, putting all plans and fads aside I have just rules that I'm going to stick to. They're as follows:

1. Get 20-30 minutes of active exercise a day (out of usual daily schedule).
2. Get  5-10 pieces of fruit and veg a day.
3. Incorporate the above in three meals a day and 2-3 healthy snacks.
4. Have one day a week where rules are relaxed but not abused
5.Weigh weekly.


I'll let you know how I get on!

1 comment: